The Area Agency on Aging is funded through the Idaho Commission on Aging with funding from the Administration on Aging, Administration for Community Living, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the State of Idaho.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center helps people with questions about long term care. It helps identify needs, educates as to options and resources; empower them to make informed choices; and assist them to access desired resources.
Information, Referral and Awareness
- In collaboration with 211 Careline ICOA has established a centralized phone number available on the website for consumers to access essential services through one phone number
- Local ADRC’s provide a comprehensive resource database to provide consumers with up to date accurate information
- ADRC staff receive and provide cross training with nonprofit and government agencies to enhance the information they share with clients
Options Counseling and Assistance
- ADRCs have an Options Counselor on staff that provides enhanced Case Management
- Options Counseling is a consumer directed approach in assisting consumers
For Providers and Services
Idaho Commission on Aging searchable database https://idahoadrc.assistguide.net
Resources for Individuals with Disabilities
Idaho State Independent Living Council